My favourite decks from the past year
Playing cards make the ideal gift, particularly the many beautiful custom decks available nowadays. Almost everyone can use a deck of cards at some point, so they have an instant and universal appeal, especially if a deck has some customized artwork and is packaged in an appealing tuck box.
In this list I want to focus on some of my favourite decks that have come out in the past year 2020. This year has been a challenging year for many of us in light of the coronavirus that has swept across the world. But in the middle of all this darkness, there have also been some bright spots, which include the brand new crop of custom decks that have appeared in the marketplace.
The suggestions I'm making are very much a matter of personal choice, and other playing card enthusiasts might make other choices. I haven't seen each and every deck that hit the market in the past year, and there are undoubtedly plenty of other worthy decks that qualify for a list like this. I've also not included any decks that have haven't yet been produced, even if they have been crowdfunded. This list strictly covers decks that you should be able to obtain from online retailers and resellers. I've also not included so-called "hype decks" that sell out almost immediately at the publisher level (e.g. Fontaines), but only those that enter retail channels and are more widely and readily available.
I've also included links to where you find them at PlayingCardDecks
so that you can see images of the tuck boxes and cards for each item, and because they're the retailer I personally buy playing cards from the most. But you should be able to find these decks at most online retailers.
Several series of playing cards have become brands of their own, and achieved nearly cult status from collectors. This past year has seen some great additions to the line-ups from popular series that include big names like Jerry's Nuggets, Cherry Casino, and NOC.
● Jerry's Nugget Aqua Playing Cards
- Jerry's Nuggets are a modern icon in the world of playing cards, due to the cult status of this deck, which was praised by cardists around the world. It was originally printed in the early 1970s, and was so much in demand in recent decades that copies fetched over $500 in the secondary market. A very successful reprinting of the original blue and red decks happened in 2019, and in the past year we've seen multiple reprints in different colours. Among my favourites in this series are the bright colours like orange, yellow, and green, which have all appeared in the past year. But there's also something for those who prefer a more muted look, such as steel and black. For more in this series, see Jerry's Nugget decks
● Cherry Casino Tropicana Teal Playing Cards
- The Cherry Casino decks capture a retro vibe, and are a throwback to the old fruit machines from gambling halls, with their distinctive cherry artwork. For me the real appeal of this series lies in the gorgeous card backs, which have a metallic sheen making them feel instantly different from all other decks. The face cards are all quite standard, so that makes them ideal for card games or card magic. Multiple new colours continue to appear in this series, such as Flamingo Quartz Pink
, and most recently McCarran Silver
. For more in this series, see Cherry Casino decks
● NOC 3000X2 Purple Playing Cards
- The acronym NOC originally stood for Nothing Only Colour, and in line with this the initial decks in this series were all very minimalist. Many people like to collect and use the NOC decks, and over time the series has evolved somewhat. The most recent releases show some new splashes of creativity, and with the NOC 3000X2 deck we travel into the future, past the year 3000. Vibrant purples and pinks inhabit the landscape of the cards, for a very modern and flashy look that is particularly well suited to cardistry. This particular deck is also available in a matching pink
version. For more in this series, see NOC decks
There are several big brands that you can count on for quality, and this year was no exception, with big companies like Theory11, Ellusionist, and Art of Play all continuing to contribute wonderful playing cards to the market.
● James Bond 007 Playing Cards
- When it comes to glamorous tuck boxes, it doesn't get much better than the luxury of playing card producer Theory11. This wonderful deck is a tribute to agent 007, James Bond. I collect most of the Theory11 decks, and this one is particularly terrific, with a supreme tuck box, and Bond-inspired paraphernalia on the court cards and on the card back. Close observers will find many Bond gadgets and more. Theory11 have put out several stylish releases in the past year, another one being the Hollywood Roosevelt deck
. For more, see Theory11 decks
● Shadow Masters Legacy v2 Playing Cards
- One of the companies at the forefront of the custom playing cards movement was Ellusionist and their Black Tiger deck
continues to be a modern icon. While they've since been overshadowed by the many custom decks produced in the crowd-funding era over the past decade, they continue to produce some memorable decks from time to time that are worth picking up. The Shadow Masters Legacy v2 is a black deck in the classic Ellusionist style, and represents the kind of thing that made them great to begin with. A jet black background is the chief feature of this deck, and the red and white used for the artwork and pips stands out beautifully against the inky black. This deck compares favourably with any other deck from the modern era. For more, see Ellusionist decks
● Yellow Wheel Playing Cards
- The brand Art of Play is the home of influential cardists Dan and Dave Buck. Their Red & Blue Wheel decks
are among my all-time favourite decks, with gorgeous metallic inks as part of a split-pip design. The Yellow Wheel deck is their latest entry in the Wheel series, that retains the original card backs but now in yellow. But the highlight is the card faces, with the split pips employing a stunning metallic silver that complements the cards beautifully. This is a completely custom deck that is certain to impress anyone who sees it. Art of Play produces many new decks each year, and their Henry & Sally deck
is a fun novelty release also worth checking out. For more, see Art of Play decks
They are a very select group, but there are some notable designers in the playing card industry who have developed a real name for themselves, have generated a large following of loyal fans, and continue to produce high quality custom decks on a regular basis.
● Italia Radiosa Playing Cards
- Italian designer Giovanni Meroni
is the man behind Thirdway Industries
, and his playing cards are in high demand from collectors around the world. His signature style is immediately recognizable in each of his decks, and this one is no exception. Along with its companion Italia Segreta
, it's themed around the wonders and secrets of Italy. The unique court cards are the real highlight, showcasing Giovanni's usual creativity and style. The number cards are also fully custom. These are the kinds of decks that will hold their value well in years to come. If you want even more vibrant colours, check out Modern Idols
, from the same creator. For more, see Giovanni Meroni decks
● Postage Paid Playing Cards
- Behind the brand Kings Wild Project
is Jackson Robinson
, who is one of the few professional designers that actually makes a living out of designing playing cards. This deck was inspired by the idea of playing cards functioning as postcards, each with its own stamp and post paid stamp. All 50 US states are represented on different cards, and everything about this deck is fully customized. This deck was produced in only limited numbers, so it will be out of stock in most places. But if you're quick, you can still grab Jackson Robinson's General Admission deck
, which applies a similar concept to tickets, with each card representing a vintage ticket stub from the early 20th century. For more, see Jackson Robinson decks
● Kodiak Playing Cards
- From popular designer Jody Eklund
and his Black Ink Playing Cards Company
, comes this delightful deck of playing cards that is geared to the poker player and collector. The cards have a very classic look, but offer a fresh take on the designs of the court cards and pips. Jody is highly respected for his approach to graphic design, and these cards will prove an excellent choice if you like playing card games, and want to bring something stylish and attractive to the table. For more, see Jody Eklund decks
Most magicians can perform their magic with any deck, but typically they prefer to do card magic with a deck where novelty and customization are minimal, so as not to distract from their magic. These decks are well suited to performing magic, and contain bonus gaff cards or other secrets that enable them to produce miracles not possible with ordinary decks.
● Card College Playing Cards
- These decks are a tribute to the most outstanding modern teacher of the fundamentals of card magic, Roberto Giobbi. Mr Giobbi is the author of Card College
, a series of best-selling books which are the modern gold standard for learning card magic. Available in red and blue, these decks are simple and practical for the working magician, and as a bonus each contains two double backer gaff cards. If you want more luxury, check out the stunning Luxury 3 Deck Set
, which has even more stylish cards, individually numbered tuck boxes with unique origami style features, packaged in an attractive acrylic box - the ideal collectible or gift for magicians.
● Remedies Royal Blue Playing Cards
- The Remedies decks come from popular creators Daniel Madison and Daniel Schneider, and this is a successor to the Remedies Scarlet Red deck. Many collectors love the Black Roses brand of playing cards, and collect whatever they produce. This blue Remedies deck has a classic and minimalist look with bold blue card backs, and is very functional and practical. The inclusion of a special Angle Zero gaff makes it ideal for magicians.
● DMC Elites Red v5 Playing Cards
- Of all the marked decks I own, the DMC Elites is easily my first choice whenever I want a marked deck with cards that can be easily read from a distance, due to the clever and yet almost invisible marking system it uses. This deck has previously been released in several different colours, and now incorporates Tamariz's Mnemonica stack. All you need is the deck, but there is a terrific Passport
book available separately, which will give you some great ideas for routines you can pull off with this great marked deck. For more, see Marked decks
Card flourishing has really boomed in recent years, and especially shines when cardists use a deck that has colourful and striking patterns optimized for cardistry, that enhance the visual aesthetics of cards in motion, as these decks show.
● Neon Orange Cardistry Playing Cards
- This deck represents Bicycle's attempt to meet a demand for a relatively low-cost deck geared towards card flourishing. The card backs have a geometric design, and the faces are all identical and completely non-standard, showcasing the latest evolution in playing cards optimized entirely for cardistry. Bright colours ensure that the cards look visually appealing in fans, spreads, and flourishing moves. Alongside this vibrant orange deck is its blue companion, the Neon Blue Aurora deck
● Autumn Circle Cardistry Playing Cards
- Tally Ho is a classic brand that USPCC has been producing for a long time. The circle back design of the typical Tally Ho deck has become iconic, and is especially appreciated by those who enjoy card flourishing. Each year the folks at Bicycle produce some in-house decks for special occasions, and the Autumn Circle Back deck is a lovely result. The colours capture the warmth and glow of autumn leaves and the mood of harvest time, while the pattern on the card backs is perfect for cardistry.
● ArrowDynamix Cardistry Playing Cards
- Given the high volume of cardistry decks appearing all the time, it can be difficult to come up with something completely original, but this minimalist deck has accomplished exactly that. Each card features a giant vertical arrow on the card backs, and a giant horizontal arrow on the faces. With carefully choreographed sequences and moves, you can create truly unique patterns and effects that you simply can't achieve with any other cardistry deck.
Do you love animals, or do you have an animal lover in your life? There are a lot of wonderful custom decks that are tributes to our four legged friends, or depict some of our favourite creatures.
● Woof and Whiskers Dog Playing Cards
- The real appeal of this deck is the cute tuck box, which has cardboard ears that fold up, to complete the look of the friendly dog on the front of the box. I would have liked to see some more customization with the number cards, but it's still a very charming deck, with delightful custom artwork on the court cards and aces. This is one of two Zoo 52 decks, so if you like the Dog deck, you'll also want to pick up the Playful Paws Cat deck
, which is equally cute.
● Aviary Playing Cards
- There are a lot of independent creators that produce Bicycle branded playing cards with the help of industry giant USPCC, but this big name producer also releases its own in-house decks. This is my favourite of their four newest releases that hit the market at the end of 2020, and is a very classy looking deck with artwork inspired by a traditional look, but with adjustments to give it a custom feel, and the presence of several birds carefully positioned throughout the deck. Of the four new releases from Bicycle, the Sea King deck
is also proving to be very popular.
● King of Tigers Playing Cards
- If you're looking for a deck with bling, this is it. The card backs have a borderless tiger skin pattern, which has been printed with some of the latest technology that makes use of foil for a truly eye-catching look. The tuck box is even more glamorous. While the court cards are clearly inspired by traditional courts, the Jokers bring back the tiger theme strongly, and the tiger skin look recurs throughout the deck.
Recent years have seen some wonderful novelty decks themed around different kinds of food. These are always a great way to whet your appetite for a card game, or to show off to family or friends, and have proved a real hit with collectors.
● Squeezers V3 Playing Cards
- Good luck getting your hands on decks from this extremely popular series from Organic Playing Cards, because they sell out quickly. These fruit inspired decks have delightful tuck boxes, and this grapefruit themed deck even comes in a tuck box that looks like a juice box, and is actually scented like grapefruit. The cards themselves are quite practical, but add humorous grapefruit themed elements to the court cards, and new bold colours. OPC's 2020 releases also included the watermelon-themed Carvers deck, while their current release sees the brand go in a slightly new direction with the corn-themed Shuckers.
● Noodlers Chicken Playing Cards
- If you like the concept behind the Organic Playing Cards series, you'll probably also enjoy this deck, which has a similarly styled tuck box to the Squeezers decks, but represents a packet of ramen noodles. The orange colour on the card backs and pips has also been inspired by the noodles theme. The artwork on the court cards has a quaint and cute style, with each character depicted in a light hearted style quite different from standard courts, and all holding a bowl of noodles. For a final laugh, the Jokers provide us with the necessary packet of "chicken seasoning" to add to our noodles.
● Citrus Playing Cards
- Created by Flaminko, the Deliciousness series has been somewhat overshadowed by the more successful fruit inspired cards from Organic Playing Cards. But I love the Flaminko decks, because they apply customization to all elements of the cards, including the pips. This novelty deck is well suited for card flourishing, card games, and collectors, and cleverly captures all that is juicy and wonderful about citrus fruit.
Music is another evergreen theme, and there's a solid range of lovely decks for the music lover, whether your taste is classical or more contemporary rock-and-roll.
● Composers Mozart Playing Cards
- This deck is part of a series that also includes other composers like Bach
. These decks are true collector pieces, and make a wonderful tribute to some of the greatest composers of all time. The tuck boxes have a very classical look, and metallic ink enhances the gorgeous card backs. Meanwhile completely custom artwork on the faces emphasizes a vintage and classical feel. They are great for music lovers and collectors, but if classical music isn't your thing, then check out the Rock and Roll deck
● Piano Player Playing Cards
- If the piano is your instrument of choice, this is a deck for you. The creative tuck box is available in two styles, one with two black keys and the other with three black keys, which means you can place two decks alongside each other to create a larger keyboard. Fully custom characters inhabit the court cards, with the keyboard motif returning in the details of the artwork. Small touches like this really make this creative deck a thing of unique beauty.
● Soundboards v3 Midnight Playing Cards
- Remember the old walk-man cassette players? In the 1980s these revolutionary electronic devices were among the first to make your personal music collection portable. The Soundboards deck replicates the look of a classic walk-man, and the Jokers complete the look by bringing the cassette tape look into the box. This Midnight edition has a dark look, so you might also want to consider the red deck
if you prefer a more traditional colour.
Fiction & Film themed Decks
Most of us love a good story, whether it's in the pages of a novel or on our screens. Here are some great custom decks that are loving tributes to some of the best from the worlds of fiction and film.
● Jane Austen Playing Cards
- Fans of the classic novel will appreciate the loving treatment that Jane Austen's famous novels have received in this delightful tribute from the Art of Play label. Each suit represents a different novel, with the court cards featuring the lead characters in the story. The design of the characters is inspired by period costumes and reflects the fashions from the time in which the stories are set. The classy tuck case ensures that everything is nicely packaged and well presented.
● Star Wars Playing Cards
- Theory11 achieved a real coup by acquiring the rights to bring the Star Wars brand to playing cards. They were the perfect company to ensure that the result was a classy deck that did justice to the world of the films. This pair of Light Side and Dark Side decks begins with a top quality and highly attractive tuck case, as we've come to expect from Theory11. The court cards all feature different characters from the movies, and the design is the perfect blend of customization and playability, making this a practical deck you can bring out for your favourite card game, or to give to the Star Wars fan in your life. A similar pair of decks
was produced later in the year in White and Black.
● King Arthur Playing Cards
- The result of a collaboration between Riffle Shuffle and Studio Muti, this pair of red and green decks tell the story of the famous Arthurian legend. For me it's a personal and nostalgic childhood favourite, in light of the adventure and imagination it evokes. But as impressive as these decks are, they pale besides the King Arthur Gold deck
, which has gold metallic ink on the faces, and gold foil on the card backs, for a truly extravagant look. Inside and out, this is a stunning tribute to a timeless classic from the world of fiction.
So I cheated. I already have a section devoted to cardistry, so I figured I'd sneak in a second category, by including some cardistry decks that all have a space theme. These decks all feature colourful visuals that work well for flourishing, but can also be enjoyed by collectors who appreciate their vibrant colours and exuberant designs.
● Solokid Constellation Playing Cards
- This set of twelve decks captures the twelve different star signs. It was produced by Bocopo
, a company well known for producing colourful custom decks that appeal especially to cardists and collectors. These decks are typical Bocopo offerings, with evocative colours that are unique to each different deck, to help capture a different feeling for each and every constellation. If you like vibrant colour, you'll certainly find something to enjoy here.
● Stargazer New Moon Playing Cards
- Several different decks have now appeared in the Stargazer series
, but the recent New Moon deck is probably my favourite. The circular moon that appears on all the card backs makes it an ideal deck for card flourishing moves like spins and twirls. The face cards have some truly vibrant colours, and capture well the feel of a night sky bursting with colour and life.
● Sirius B v3 Playing Cards
- I fell in love with the style of the original Sirius B deck, so this third edition was always going to win me over. The court cards consist of a blur of colours that look like paints mixed together, and this style has also been applied to the pips. The colours are the real appeal here, and the signature design of the card backs also looks very nice in card flourishes.
I personally adore transformation cards, and consider them to be one of the most fascinating and memorable types of playing cards there is. The idea is that you take the pips and incorporate them into a larger picture that forms a unique work of art, for each and every card in the deck.
● Cotta's Almanac #1 Reproduction Playing Cards
- This historic deck was first created in 1805 by J.C. Cotta, and was the very first of its kind. Themed on the "Joan of Arc" play by Schiller, the beauty and creativity of these cards will still win over collectors today. Lovingly produced in a high quality modern edition, this recreation is the first of the entire series of Cotta transformation decks that is being reproduced by PCD.
● 5th Kingdom Playing Cards
- This deck is possibly my favourite original release from PCD in the past year. It is an outstanding example of the creativity and originality of a semi-transformation deck, where the pips have been cleverly incorporated into the artwork. Each suit represents a different culture, turning each individual card into a work of art that can be admired and enjoyed.
● Pack of Dogs V2 Playing Cards
- This transformation deck is the work of John Littleboy, who has produced a number of such decks in his inimitable style, including Pack of Dogs, Kitten Club, Mermaid Queen, and Bag of Bones. The number cards are my favourites, and in this deck each of these represents a larger art piece with a dog. Each suit has a progressive image, so they don't feel totally unique from each other. It's more like a series of consecutive snapshots, and you can use flip animation to tell the story. Littleboy's Kitten Club V2 deck
applies a similar concept to cats.
PlayingCardDecks doesn't just sell playing cards, but Will Roya also uses his wealth of experience to team up with designers and graphic artists to produce high quality custom decks under the PCD label. Here are some great custom decks that were published in-house over the course of 2020.
● Astronaut Playing Cards
- This novelty deck is a delightful creation that will please anyone who has an interest in space and space travel, in light of its unique theme. The Kings are all depicted as astronauts, while the Queens and Jacks represent space travellers. The card backs have a futuristic look with neon lights, and this look carries over to the number cards, which are highly customized with unique red and blue pips.
● Beekeeper Playing Cards
- There are plenty of bee themed playing cards already on the market, but the artwork style gives this one a truly unique feel. Two decks were produced, one with light card backs and the other with dark card backs. This is a great novelty deck for the collector, because there's especially some delightful creativity to be found with the bee-inspired pips, and the detailed custom artwork on the court cards.
● Testament Classic Playing Cards
- This is a Biblical themed deck created by artist Ben Green. It's intended as an art deck, with the images on the cards depicting Biblical characters from well-known narratives. Representing a dual love for playing cards and a love for Bible-inspired art, this deck will especially appeal to the collector.
I'm a sucker for highly unusual decks with a high degree of novelty, and even though these are not ones I'd typically use for playing card games, they have very unique features that make them stand out from your average custom deck.
● Starry Night Puzzle Playing Cards
- Fancy a deck that doubles as a jigsaw puzzle? This clever deck takes its inspiration from Vincent Van Gogh's famous painting, The Starry Night. The artwork on the card faces is all taken from the painting, and all the cards can be pieced together to make a single giant picture, thus effectively functioning as a large puzzle. Yet each card has clear indices so it's still something you can use for card games too. Definitely unique and out of the ordinary, this set of playing cards is a perfect choice for fans of classic art and paintings.
● Falcon Razors Deluxe Throwing Playing Cards
- Rick Smith Jr has made multiple world records in throwing playing cards. His baseball background holds him in good stead, but anybody can learn to throw playing cards if you use the techniques Rick teaches. These throwing cards were a collaboration with legendary flourisher De'vo, and were featured in one of this year's viral videos from Dude Perfect, which featured Rick and his amazing card throwing. The cards are slightly thicker than standard Bicycle stock, to ensure extra durability and performance for card throwing.
● AQUA Invisible Plastic Playing Cards
- If you're looking for something completely different, this might hit the mark. This is a ground-breaking deck that is the closest thing to being invisible. All the cards are made out of completely transparent plastic, after which a high gloss transparent printing is applied to selected areas of the cards to produce the designs and pips. So each card is effectively completely transparent, and yet you can see its unique artwork and determine its value and suit. The handling is surprisingly better than you'd expect for a completely plastic deck, and it's certainly something unique.
Other Gift Ideas
Do you want to let your gift recipient make their own decision about what to get, or are you not quite sure what to buy? Here are a couple of special gift ideas that might help out, even if it is to give your family or friends a convenient way to enable you to select your own gift!
Firstly, there's a wide range of accessories
available for playing cards, like card clips, card cases, and more. Alternatively, consider a gift card,
which is available in amounts of $10, $25, $50, $100, and $200. There's also the popular Pip Box Club
, which has been around for over two years. Subscribers get a selection of decks and goodies shipped to them each month, and offers great value with each box. Boxing Day Sale
: Right now you can take advantage of a special sale at PlayingCardDecks, and save $10 off any order over $30 by using the code box20. This coupon is valid from Boxing Day until the end of 2020.
Happy shopping, and happy holidays!
Bright lights give an illusion of persistent daylight, so one can never be too sure what time it actually is in the world. This serves well to keep the crowds roaming, drinking, spending money. Losing. The walls are mostly lined with mirrors; this gives a forced perception of far larger spaces than are actually inhabited. Doorways seem to bleed into each other, all the same while maintaining movement throughout the entire floor. submitted by
Machines sparkle and chime, constructed to entice and suck patrons of small amounts of money over extended periods of time. Cartoons or long dead film stars plaster transparent plastic sheets lit by LED flashbulbs, drawing on familiarity to separate and fade bank accounts.
The draw here is vast and powerful, if you’re so inclined. It is a strange and unspoken magic: Casinos. We arrived unceremoniously at around three in the afternoon, but could not find parking, free parking, for the better part of the next hour and a half. Typical for the over-crowded, sand swept ocean town at the height of a particularly quick summer season.
This place is a funeral. The lighting, the glaring bright lighting, flashy colors, the faint smell of chemicals-perfumes and otherwise; cigars and alcohol filling the spaces between. Floating busy activity with a simultaneous dead-stillness; so many endless murmuring days I felt in my bones, something so straight and sudden I nearly suggested we go home.
Nature had intervened.
No longer are there any coins. Paper money changes into white strips, numbers and barcodes. All the romance is removed from the eternal hum of this place, one disconnection too far.
We’ve been together almost a year just around this time, it’s been dream-like, you know, one of those long, deep and serene. This delightful disorientation, lasting seemingly so long, end over end. Heather stands next to me, also in awe of the over-stimulation. Her mid-length reddish brown hair tossed left, a slight tan just above the slender cheeks and pointed nose; pale green eyes flashing like mints flecked with silver. Her slight frame standing at 5’8, just a full inch taller than me. I loved her in an instant.
“I have to pee.” Off we were to find a restroom at once then, Heather determined to make haste. Without making another movement, I attempted to find a sign or other indication that would direct us to the restrooms. With no success, we headed to the crowded bad the end of the short main hallway.
Sure enough, just beyond the left end of the over-crowded marble counter, a brightly lit green sign indicating the bathrooms with traditional featureless caricatures of a man and woman; I follow close behind as to not lose Heather on her way to relief. She disappeared into the open black wooden door and into a line of equally agitated women patiently waiting.
As I hovered around the hallway without specific purpose, I decided I too would venture the bathroom. Suffering no line, I had no trouble entering the large shining black-tiled room. Five urinals lining the wall to the left, three stalls to the right, two small sinks directly in front of me. Having succeeded in my relief, I quickly washed my hands, exiting with haste as to not miss Heather.
Back in the hallway again, aimless and holding up the wall, I felt more at ease. Calmer. Another five minutes passed. Ten. Fifteen. My calm grew to mounting concern, had Heather fallen ill? Fallen in? I might have missed her entirely. After having a panicked inner dialogue with myself, I remembered my phone. I pulled it from my pocket, nearly dropping it. I punched in a short message, quick response. Oh thank Heather. “Calm yourself. Out soon. ”
Winking from the bathroom, I thought, how grotesque and chuckled; I was beginning to calm down. Phone back in my pocket, I decided on getting a drink and returning to my waiting post. “Couldn’t bother to grab me something, I see. Just because I had to pee doesn’t mean I am not also fiercely thirsty. I have every-mind to, to just drop you right here…” a soft, yet icy voice bled through the din of the crowd. A voice unfamiliar.
A woman stood before me, roughly five foot five, short black hair with sweeping bangs over the left eye, which I now noticed was a deep stone-like blue-gray, small frame, donning a black track jacket over an unfamiliar brown logo on a yellow t-shirt over glittering green tights and a shock of white boots.
“Excuse me, do I know you?” I inquired, a little more than simply annoyed.
“Do you know me?” Jesus, you are dense aren’t you? Get me a drink!” another thump on my chest, playful, but not without malice.
“I’m sorry, you really must be mistaken…” I began to turn and walk back to continue waiting for Heather just as the odd woman, quite possibly drunk, grabbed my shoulder, nearly knocking me over.
“We already did thank, creep!” she laughed at me.
“Heather?” The question left my mouth without much thought or intention. My mind felt as if it was dropping inward. I needed to sit down soon.
“Yes, asshole, Heather. Let’s get out of here, are you as hungry as I am?” she smiled, with an air of urgency.
I could not bring myself to speak, I needed to sit down. I found the edge of an ornate fountain and sat, breathing deep. “Heather” stood, arms folded, closer to me, genuinely concerned. “Are you feeling alright? You’re looking a little green…”
My mind swirling, I couldn’t help but laugh. It was the bright bulbs, green bulbs; flashing on and off advertising some new stage show that was premiering soon. I was green indeed. Looking back at whoever was the operator in this bizarre grand joke, I almost felt better.
“Heather,” I began, playing along. “I need to use the bathroom. Would you wait here for me please?” A quizzical look, then a slow sarcastic nod, “Yes, of course, stranger…” a smile from “Heather” all for me. A chill up my spine at “stranger”, I jump up, making my way back to the bathroom. Thankfully it was nearly closing time and I could investigate without seeming too odd or out of place. I first entered the men’s room.
Clean, save for the scuffed floor and some stray coupons crumpled and strewn about, empty too. Not knowing what I was looking for, I entered and locked each of the five stalls, one by one. Nothing out of the ordinary, two of the five startled me with the auto-flush feature.
I approached the row of golden sinks, turning each faucet, watching the water, on and off, hot and cold. Feverish and feeling crazy, I washed my face, giving myself a look in the shimmering, mostly clean mirror. Making my way for the door, I exited and re-entered the bathroom several times.
Nothing happened. I could not stop my mind from spinning.
The women’s room was much harder as I was alone, but not completely alone. I managed to make myself scarce until was sure the bathroom was deserted and did a similar, albeit much faster scan of the women’s room. Thorough, but fast and efficient, I found nothing but a much cleaner restroom.
The phone again. “Are you O.K.?”
Heather was waiting. Heather was asking after me as she always does when I take too long away. Heather is also missing, and now without her phone, stolen by the woman I left to find the exact nature of whatever it was that has happened here. To me, but more importantly to Heather, my Heather.
“I am okay. Coming back now.” I press send and hide the phone away before I start to feel sick again. Standing in the archway of the main entrance, I see the one claiming to be Heather standing, arms and legs stretched into a star formation of a weary stretch.
“I think we should probably get going now. I am so tiiiired.” I hear across the hall directed at me. Another chill up my spine and into the back of my throat.
“I don’t know you, I’m very sorry. I just, I need to find Heather.” “You need to lie down, I think. You can too, I’ll drive us home.”
I swear to you I didn’t know what else to do.
I collected myself, and calmly walked to this other woman with Heather’s phone, keys and general demeanor. We did indeed drive home, and I have gotten all the rest I need. What happened to this day I cannot pinpoint. I sometimes consider if my initial impression of who I thought to be my girlfriend, perhaps someday my wife, at least in appearance could have been completely wrong the entirety of our whole relationship up until now. It was not until months later when I had settled myself into a reassuring and soothing routine that I was shaken from my slumber.
A text on my phone lighting the darkness as I lay next to Heather, weary and falling away to sleep. I grab for my phone, the clock reads 3:03 AM; one unread message. Heather: “Are you OK? I’m in the front lobby; I figured you had gotten tired of waiting for me and gone for drinks. Where are you? ”
In order to play in the casino, you will be required to complete a medical screening questionnaire at the eHost every time you visit us. Silverstar Casino – nestled at the foot of the Magalies Mountains in Krugersdorp – has been the playground of choice not just for residents of the West Rand, but for anyone seeking an easy-going entertainment destination with a restaurant offering that ... 25% Off Silver Star Promo Codes Top 2020 Coupons ... 25% off (3 days ago) Silver Star Promo Codes & Coupons for October, 2020 Save with 3 active Silver Star promo codes, coupons, and free shipping deals. 🔥 Today's Top Deal: Save 25% and get free shipping. On average, shoppers save $32 using Silver Star coupons from SearchPromoCodes.com. Silver Star Hotel and Casino offers gaming and a variety of activities for all guests. Silver Star features 503 gorgeously appointed guest rooms, including 84 opulent suites and a variety of dining experiences. With over 1,200 slot machines including reel and video slots, video poker and video Keno in addition to a high-denomination slot area, Silver Star provides guests with the ultimate ... Coupons near me app. Free coupon app for iphone and android. Philadelphia. Find Near search. Sign up. menu. Near Me Eat Play Travel Shop Spa 🚌 Back To School Coupons Events Silverstar Casino. Get Alerts Get Alerts More Information. location_on. Co Highway 1-P-16 Philadelphia, MS 39350. phone. 601.663.4438. Silverstar Casino Deals in Philadelphia, MS 39350 Sign up to get alerts as soon as ... Book Silver Star Hotel and Casino, Philadelphia on Tripadvisor: See 99 traveler reviews, 23 candid photos, and great deals for Silver Star Hotel and Casino, ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Philadelphia and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Coupons; Extra 25% Off; Main menu Open search menu . Silverstar Casino. Nightlife 13541 Highway 16, Philadelphia, MS 39350 13541 Highway 16, Philadelphia Directions +16016634438 View Website Map & Contact Info Contact Info 13541 Highway 16, Philadelphia, MS 39350 +16016634438. Website. Indulge in fun and gambling with the casino games at Philadelphia's Silverstar Casino. Whether luck be a lady ... All Casino Coupons; Las Vegas Coupons; List of Coupon Changes; Coupon Terms/Conditions; Search for: Silver Star Hotel & Casino at Pearl River Resort. Silver Star Hotel & Casino at Pearl River Resort Hot . 0.0 (0) 1968 0 1 0 0 0. Write Review Add to favorites. Details. Address. Highway 16 West. City. Philadelphia. State. Mississippi. Zip Code. 39350. Country . United States. Phone (601) 650 ...
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Hoarder Storage Unit Pays Off! She Hoarded Cash. I Found Money, Found Gold, and Found Diamonds!Yep, the T.J. Max Hoarder also hoarded Cash! We keep finding c... With a $6,000 haul and 100% savings, Chris becomes the champion!TLC For more visit http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extreme-couponing/#mkcpgn=yttlc1 great video More proof of deceptive marketing practices. Let me know what you think. https://youtu.be/VpkX7RNxu5o Thank you for all the support. Thank you for watching a... Speedlink ist eine der führenden Marken im Bereich Computer- und Videospielzubehör in Europa. Die Speedlink-Produktentwicklung basiert auf Offenheit für Innovationen und einem Auge für die ... Votre dose quotidienne de Star Wars ... sur Youtube ! Here are the top 15 most expensive deals and buys from the Pawn Stars show on the History channel.Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TopTrendingFo... In today's video I decide to put of $1k trying to win 1 item! Was a HUGE Mistake or can I Make it work??#1000BuyIn #High LimitCoinPusher #RiskingItAllThanks ... DONATION: https://streamlabs.com/kaleltube Playing fun games at circus circus hotel. Circus Circus Midway have a lot of games for kids to have fun. They have...